In 2014, members of NEMRA and the NMG (NEMRA Manufacturers Group) commissioned a study to understand the current state of POS. This initiative was an effort to identify how the POS processes could be improved to ensure reps were accurately compensated. Click here to download the full report.
Key highlights included:
- Distributors agree reps should be compensated for the work on their behalf
- Distributors are reluctant to share customer information but will share zip code level information
- Reps are focused on where sold, not whom sold to
- Most manufacturers desire to pay their reps
- Challenges in getting the data as well as the format that the data comes into the manufacturer (no standardization or timeliness)
Manufacturers adhered to contractual agreements and continued to compensate their reps fairly, but due to changes at the Distributor and end-customer, the Manufacturer now required the zip code from the sale to accurately compensate their Reps.
Most distributors recognized the issue, agreed that reps should be compensated for supporting them and almost all were willing to provide baseline data at the zip code level to support their reps. This baseline data became the NEMRA POS Minimum Reporting Standards.
Standards Endorsing Suppliers
Today, over 40 suppliers and almost 500 distributor locations have endorsed the standards. NEMRA’s goal is for every supplier impacted by POS reporting to endorse these standards.
|ABB / Thomas & Betts||Legrand – Wiremold|
|Acuity Brands Lighting||Leviton|
|American Polywater||Light Efficient Design (LED)|
|Eaton Crouse Hinds||Minerallac|
|Eaton Bussmann||Morris Products|
|Eaton B-Line||Northern Cables|
|Eaton (Gear)||NSi Industries|
|Eaton Lighting Solutions||Orbit Industries|
|Eaton Residential and Wiring Device||nVent|
Hammond Power Solutions
|Legrand – Pass & Seymour|
|Legrand – Wattstopper|
IAC Supply Solutions
Rexel Holdings USA
Standard Electric Supply (WI)
USESI (11 divisions)
About Channel Marketing Group
Channel Marketing Group has been instrumental in facilitating the NEMRA POS Initiative.
To learn more about how your company can participate (as a supplier) or support in recruiting suppliers and distributors (as a rep),
please call or email:
Telephone: (919) 488-8635
For 18 years Channel Marketing Group has assisted over 100 manufacturers and distributors in the areas of strategic planning, marketing
and market research with a predominance of our efforts focused in the electrical space. Collectively we have 70 years’ experience in the
electrical industry which we use as a basis to fully understand the challenges you are experiencing. Once we understand the challenges
we begin generating ideas and solutions so you are able to achieve your goals in a timely manner.
• Distributor Satisfaction Survey
• Telephone Advisory Service
• Distributor and End-user Advisory Councils
• Strategic Planning
• Marketing & Branding Strategy
• Rep360 to gain actionable insights
• Rep Evaluation
• Rep Recruitment
• Rep Marketing Initiatives
• Market Share Identification
• Competitive Analysis