Building on the success of our past two general management programs at the Wharton School, the NEMRA/ Kellogg 2017 program will focus exclusively on the sales and marketing disciplines. Kellogg is consistently rated as the #1 global leader amongst MBA programs for its innovative and practical approach to the Marketing and Sales functions.
This three day program has been designed jointly between Kellogg and NEMRA to enhance the sales and leadership skills of the leaders within the NEMRA community. Upon completion of the program, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply key frameworks and approaches for better sales force strategy, management, and effectiveness
- Improve demand among customers through better value articulation, positioning, and execution
- Develop a strategic mindset that leads to superior selling propositions and better sales storytelling
- Build more effective relationships through collaboration
The program being offered provides a learning experience that stimulates thinking on strategies and techniques that can be applied to enhance business growth, and increase your knowledge and skills in leadership, management and sales. The curriculum will focus on Strategy at the Organization level, Alignment at the Team level, and Effectiveness at the Individual level. Topics to be covered include:
- The Strategic Mindset of Successful Selling
- Winning Value Propositions in Business Markets
- (Multi-channel) Go-to-Market Strategy for Advantage
- Optimizing Sales Force Design for Performance
- Influence Without Authority
- Communicating with Impact at a Moment’s Notice
- Reflection and Challenge Working Groups
In order to facilitate application of the concepts to be taught, each participant will be asked to bring with them a specific problem or challenge (template structure to be provided in advance) that they are facing in their business. During the program, you will be given opportunities to apply what you have learned to develop a specific game plan to approach your challenge.
Who Should Attend
This program has been designed exclusively for members of NEMRA who are looking to refresh their knowledge, share experiences and expand their networks. We invite any representative firm owner or future principal who wants to invest in improving their business acumen and sales leadership capabilities as well as any manufacturer in a sales and marketing leadership position who wants to grow in their skills and further develop in their company. Kellogg’s faculty and world class learning environment provide a unique opportunity for reps and manufacturers to better understand and learn from each other and ultimately go to market together more effectively.
Schedule and Logistics
Participants should plan to arrive on Monday, November 27th as the session begins on Tuesday the 28th at 8:30am. The course ends on Thursday the 30th at 5:00pm. Participants must be in attendance for the entire program in order to receive a Certificate of Completion from Kellogg. Travel plans should be made accordingly. There will be approximately six hours of faculty teaching time each day plus addition small group working sessions. Classrooms, meals and lodging will be provided in the James Allen Center on Northwestern’s campus. Participants arriving by air should plan to use O’Hare International (ORD) Airport.
The cost of the program is $3900 and covers:
- Program Design: a customized program created by Kellogg
- Tuition: Kellogg faculty time teaching program content
- Lodging, Meals and Educational Facilities: private sleeping room for three nights, opening night reception, breakfast, lunch and dinner, break times throughout the schedule. Facilities include classrooms, break-out rooms, IT service support, AV services, housekeeping, use of fitness center, and use of evening lounge spaces.
Registration and Cancellation
Registration is now open. Space is limited and participants will be offered a space upon receipt of a deposit. We are seeking, as we had at our Wharton programs, a good balance between rep and manufacturer attendees. To reserve a spot please complete the registration form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A deposit of $200 is required to hold your reservation. The balance of the tuition ($3700) will be due by October 1, 2017.
Due to the commitment NEMRA has made to Kellogg, we will be unable to offer refunds for any reason. We will create a wait list and attempt to find a replacement if you cannot attend. If we are unable to secure a replacement, the full tuition will be due.