On behalf of NEMRA, my best wishes to you for a happy, healthy and prosperous new year
I am writing to provide you with an update regarding NEMRA22.
We are closely monitoring the developments and recommendations involving the Omicron variant of COVID-19. With the conference now four weeks away, we will continue to monitor the developments and recommendations and make adjustments as may be needed. As we have all experienced with the pandemic, developments happen quickly and we are optimistic that by the end of this month, there will be improvements over the current status. On one hand, it is natural to feel like we need to jump into urgent action.
In the absence of knowing exactly what to expect, we are seeking your patience as we continue to monitor the developments and recommendations. As always, our focus is on NEMRA, the conference and the well-being of our attendees.
The conference will take place as scheduled with no adjustments to the schedule, functions or events. We are working closely with our host venue, the Hilton Anatole, to monitor local developments, protocols and recommendations.
It is important to know that the Hilton Anatole has implemented stringent protocols for cleaning and disinfection, under their “Commitment to Clean” initiative in which they’ve redefined their cleaning and safety standards to ensure a focus on the health and safety of guests. Hilton Cleanstay
- Modular privacy suites and meeting spaces on the main or mezzanine level will provide a good environment from which to attend the very important one on one meetings.
- There will be ongoing and continuous cleaning and sanitizing of the modular suites throughout each day and a deep cleaning of all meeting spaces will be done at the end of the day.
- Sanitizing wipes & hand sanitizers will be provided in all meeting rooms. You will also find increased hand sanitizing stations throughout the hotel.
- Hilton will provide white glove service at all breakfast, snack and beverage stations and the NEMRA Reception.
- We will not be requiring or requesting proof of vaccination.
- There will be a Covid-19 Self-Assessment Attestation sent to every attendee, every day, before attending any of the sessions.
- For your convenience, we will have free COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Kits available – one per attendee.
- Attendees will receive face coverings, color-coded bracelets to indicate the attendee’s level of comfort with distancing from colleagues (i.e., is a handshake okay, or is distance preferred?) and a travel size bottle of hand sanitizer.
At this time, these protocols will make it imminently possible to hold the conference while at the same time, work to maintain the health and well-being of our attendees.