Why do customers buy?
Features, Advantages, and Benefits. Anyone who has been selling for any amount of time has heard these three words together. Salespeople hear these words so frequently; they become one word – FAB. Salespeople often forget to focus on the importance of each term and what they mean for the prospect or customer.
- Feature – A distinctive attribute or aspect of a product or service
- Advantage – The performance difference relative to competitive options based on the feature
- Benefit – What the feature does to fulfill the need of the prospect or customer
Salespeople typically sell what something is – the feature. Prospects and customers buy what something does – the benefit. Speak with your customers about what something does for them personally, that is what creates the emotional connection.
Ask questions to discover what your prospects and customers want. Then help your customers understand how the features of your products and services help them accomplish their desires. Only then can you convey and discuss the unique value of your products and services to your prospects and customers.
Join us Wednesday to hone your skills in selling benefits!
Wednesday, May 5, 2021 at 11:00 AM ET (1-hour workshop)
$139.00 $125.00 USD**
**NOTE: To receive discounted price, call (800) 229-2328 x 227. Otherwise, pay $139 online, and immediately receive a $14 credit from Sales Concepts once they process your registration as a NEMRA Member. Should you have any questions or if you would like more information, contact email@example.com.
Want to register for other Sales Concepts workshops in The Sales Process series?
Select the workshops below to register for them individually:
(Listed in order of series)
- May 19 – Contact, Connect, and Communicate with Prospects and Customers – Recognize patterns of communication and use these patterns to connect.
- May 26 – Proactive Prospecting – Maximize opportunities. Develop and execute a prospecting strategy.
- June 2 – Establishing Value – Establish buy-in in the minds of your prospects and customers with relevant value propositions.
- June 9 – Buying Influences – Develop a strategy to call on accounts at all levels.
- June 16 – Asking Questions and Qualifying – Ask the right questions at the right time. Listen. Identify and confirm your assumptions.
- June 23 – Listening – Listening does not just happen, it is a skill. No one ever listened themselves out of a sale!
- June 30 – Overcoming Objections – What’s in it for the customer? Respond to objections.
- [THIS WEEK] May 5 – Selling Benefits – Approach The Sale From Buyer’s Perspective.
- May 12 – Closing – Earn the right to close with the six components of closing business.