The NEMRA Empower Tomorrow Fund was established, in partnership with Scholarship of America, to reward the academic excellence of the sons and daughters of NEMRA members and their employees. NEMRA Empower Tomorrow Fund has now provided over $150,000 in Scholarships to sons and daughters of NEMRA Members and their employees.
Due to the generous contributions from our membership, and industry friends, the NEMRA Empower Tomorrow Fund is able to award 21 annual scholarships to deserving students, for the 2021-22 academic year.
The scholarships are awarded based on academic record, as well as participation in school and community activities, work experience, and unusual personal or family circumstances. With the ever rising cost of education, it’s critical that scholarships like these are available to help deserving students complete their education.
The registration window to submit an application, for the 2021-22 academic year, will open on September 1st, 2020 and closes on October 29, 2020. Apply today!
- Eligibility:Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
– Be dependent* children, age 25 and under, of representative members of National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association (NEMRA) and their employees. Members must be in good standing as of the application deadline date.
*Dependent children are defined as biological, step- or legally adopted children living in the representative member’s or employee’s household or primarily supported by the representative member or employee.
– High school seniors or graduates, current postsecondary undergraduates or graduate level students, who plan to enroll in full-time undergraduate, graduate or doctoral study at an accredited two-year or four-year college, university, vocational-technical school or graduate school for the entire upcoming academic year.
- Notification: Applicants will be notified in late January and announced at the NEMRA annual conference. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients. Students may reapply to the program each year they meet eligibility requirements.
- Payments: Scholarship America processes scholarship payments on behalf of the NEMRA Educational Foundation. Payments are made in early August.
- Deadline: Your application must be submitted before 3:00PM Central time on October 29, 2020.