Why Join NEMRA - The REP Value
Who We Are
For over 50 years, The National Electrical Manufacturers Representative Association (NEMRA®) has successfully served the needs of the electrical industry through independent sales and marketing professionals who share an unbridled enthusiasm and commitment to the electrical industry and to the rep-manufacturer method of marketing.
NEMRA® is home to hundreds of Rep Agency Members who are independent professional providers of field-level sales and marketing services. They typically handle a portfolio of related but noncompetitive product lines, working under a contractual arrangement within a defined geographic region, and on an exclusive basis within their assigned field of responsibility.
Because of the interdependent relationship between manufacturers and representatives, NEMRA® is also committed to and home to hundreds of Manufacturers who recognize the value of the rep-manufacturer method of going to market and support this decision by being a member of NEMRA. Our Manufacturer Members have found that hiring independent, commission based, NEMRA Reps provide better, faster and more stable and predictable results for their companies in addition to providing outstanding support to their customers.
We get to make reps and manufacturers proud of how they go to market.
Do you qualify for full membership or associate-level?
View Requirements & Fees
Become a Representative Member
Why Join NEMRA?
Membership in NEMRA® helps your sales professionals and independent electrical representatives become more efficient, more effective, more innovative, and more profitable.
Learn more through our 5 pillars: Networking, Education, Membership, Research and Advocacy.
- The NEMRA Annual Conference is the largest gathering of representatives and manufacturers in the electrical industry, providing one of the best opportunities to network with leaders, partners and peers.
- Opportunities to participate in our chair committees, or serve as an officer.
- Our RepConnect Service brings great manufacturers together with a great sales agency to help create lasting, profitable partnerships.
- Similar to credentialing, NEMRA helps to ensure the sustainability of the industry by providing growth and professional development opportunities for individuals through continuing education credits and programs, leadership development programs and sales training. NEMRA is a supporting member of the Manufacturers’ Representatives Educational Research Foundation (MRERF), which offers our members an exclusive Certified Professional Manufacturers Representatives program and have now introduced the 3-part Certified Professional Sales Consultant (CSPC) program; to provide you with the tools you need to succeed.
NEMRA University, a one-stop-shop for NEMRA Members to securely access and share product-specific training courses, access CEU-accredited soft-skill courses, and a custom LMS platform to help you manage and improve your onboarding and internal training! NEMRA Manufacturers can manage and track all their NEMRA Reps training activity in one place!
- Our NEMRA Scholarship Fund, NEMRA members can be part of and support a mix of programs and resources for the development of the children of our representative members, and their employees, as well as to help attract the next generation to our industry.
NEMRA’s Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) will equip your leaders to be more inclusive, more purposeful, and ultimately more effective in how they lead. The ELP will also serve to strengthen the bonds of this highly mobile talent pool with others in their cohort and within the association and will serve as a retention and engagement tool for your business and our association.
Provide relevant and timely insights to our membership.
Publish a quarterly E-newsletter NEMRA Member Connection which highlights what’s new with NEMRA, our service providers and industry-relevant resources.
Commission exclusive whitepapers, industry research studies and projects, such as the Rep of the Future (ROTF) and Point of Sale (POS) to help representatives and manufacturers understand, improve and enhance their businesses and relationships.
We advocate on our members’ behalf in Washington, D.C. through our partnership, involvement and affiliation with the Small Business Legislation Council (SBLC), American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) and S Coporation Association (S-Corp).