NEMRA, the National Electrical Manufacturers Representatives Association, is the voice of the industry and an advocate for your needs. We offer our members powerful resources for educational and professional development, networking, and new business opportunities. NEMRA is dedicated to offering you quality solutions and support by continually assessing and adjusting to meet your needs and expectations.
Connected to Help You Grow
NEMRA combines the premier sales and marketing agencies in the electrical industry with
the top manufacturers — creating some very powerful connections. And these connections often result in a NEMRA member’s greatest benefit — an economic one. In addition to the financial incentive, you’ll have direct access to the people you do business with in your industry.
NEMRA is also your resource for:
- Educational and Professional Development
- Industry Networking and Connections
- Advocacy and Information
- Productivity and Profitability
We Cover All the Bases
Whether you’re looking for continuing education classes, a new line opportunity, or a means to network with other leading reps — NEMRA has you covered.
Qualifications for Membership
Any company (such as sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLC’s, Corporations or other legal business entities) engaged in the electrical industry as an independent sales representative of manufacturers shall be eligible for full membership, provided that such company:
- Has been engaged full time as such company as an independent sales representative in the electrical industry for at least two years prior to application.
- Currently represents at least two electrical manufacturers, and maintains an office and personnel separate and apart from, and independent of, any such manufacturers.
- Is fully owned and operated as an independent manufacturer’s representative and is not co-owned by any third party such as an electrical distributor, electrical contractor or any other third party not operating as an independent manufacturer’s representative.
- Has no interest adverse to, or in conflict with the Association, its general membership or its purpose.
- Agrees to voluntarily subscribe to and adhere to the ethics standards and other standards of practice established by the Association.
- Pays the dues established by the Association for all its members.
- Has received an endorsement from two current NEMRA members from the applicant’s local trading area.
- Full members shall be eligible to vote, hold elected office, and serve on committees.
- Each member company must designate in writing the name and title of its representative, if any, who shall be an owner, officer, or employee of the member company, who shall be entitled to act officially on behalf of the member in all matters presented to the Association. In the event that such designated representative ceases ownership or to be employed by the Association member appointing him or her, his or her official relationship with the Association as a designated representative of the member ceases simultaneously.
NEMRA Membership Fees:
$750 Per Company + $80 per employee (Organizational Strength)
Maximum Dues: 50 employees @ $80 = $4,750